Saturday, March 26, 2016

Creativity and New Media

For this creative assignment, I decided to devise an avatar version of myself. My avatar was set up and customized through Avachara, an easy-to-use new media website that allows any non-registered user and registered user to create an anime avatar for himself/herself. As I rummaged through customization options that ranged from face shape to background color, I decided to make a Baruch poster child version of myself. As someone who is enrolled in the Zicklin School of Business, what does an online avatar version of myself look like?
There were about thirty different outfit choices if I were to make a long-shot estimate. Out of my choices for what top my avatar should wear, I went with the classic black suit jacket for females with a white collared button-down shirt peeking from inside. My pants selection was a pair of black suit bottoms that matched with my black suit jacket. The hairstyle that I chose was similar to my hairstyle in real life, long black hair with a semi-natural wave. To finish off the look, I plastered a smile on my avatar's face. She is now ready to network. 
Here is a full body view of my avatar:

and a head-shot for LinkedIn: 

  

Good luck with the job hunting process, avatar Lily.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great explanation on the concept of your avatar. I like that you stuck with the professional theme and incorporated the idea of being in Baruch's Zicklin School of Business as well as LinkedIn. Being in a business school, LinkedIn is very important for students and maintaining the image of professionalism is key. Great avatar!

    ReplyDelete